5. Not going for 2. We should have gone for 2 after the first score making it an 11 point game (FG, TD, 2pt). Wulff was obviously not thinking about it.
4. Totally inept offense with one HUGE exception. Both our TD's were the result of great catches. Other than those two plays, everything was bad. Bad throws, horrible line play, no running game, and bad play calling.
3. Predictable play calling. The running game was terrible because the line could not getting any push. Time and time again we ran it on first down only to see a 2 yard loss. Deep into the 3rd and the 4th, still running it on first down. No real change to that failed strategy.
2. Punting when needed to go for it. Five minutes left, down 2 touchdowns, 2 timeouts, you need to go for it. I don't care if the defense was playing well (hats off to the defense). One first down and they take the clock under 3 minutes (which they did) and essentially seal the game.
1. Penalties! We tested out the ref's memory of some pretty obscure rules. Here is a partial list of the penalties we had: Illegal formation, illegal snap, sideline interference, and illegal punt. These are on top of the holdings, Offensive PI, personal fouls, facemasks, ect. I'm not saying these are Wulff's fault, but it is indicative of how focused and how prepared the team is. Which is to say, not well.
For those who were not at the game, you may not have heard this. After the muffed kick return that left us at the 3 yard line PA announcer Glenn Johnson accidentally left his mike on and said "Oh No! OHHHH NOOOO". The whole student section burst into laughter. Everyone on the cougar sideline looked embarrassed. The crowd was essentially laughing at their ineptitude.