Yesterday I headed up to campus for class without my notebook with Mondays practice notes in it, so instead of give it to you super late last night I figured it'd be best to combine Monday and Tuesdays practices into one report. How's that sound? Well hopefully the answer is "Perfect!" because that's what's happening folks.
Monday not a whole lot of note happened so I'll give that to you first, then move on to yesterday.
- Arthur Burns, as you may know arrived here as a RB, only to be moved into the LB position. Well the coaching staff must feel safe with our current LB corps, either that or they aren't feeling so safe about our RB stable because on Monday they moved #26 Burns back to the offensive side of the ball. We'll see how this goes, and at todays contact practice I'll see how he looks.
- Mike Ledgerwood was back at practice on Monday. Working with the second team however.
Had a bit more stuff for Tuesday than I did Monday. It's also of note that the team didn't run their usual full contact practice like they do most Tuesdays and Wednesdays, instead going with another shoulder pads and helmets day. I can only assume this is because of the quickly growing number of dinged up players on the roster. Not necessarily injured, just hurting. With what is to be an incredibly physical Stanford game coming up giving these guys one less day of contact was probably a good move.
- Watching Marquess Wilson make some great plays on offense again today made me realize something, now stick with me, even if this is something you have noticed yourself. It's not so much Wilson's ability to jump particularly high that is helping him be so successful, as it is his knack for knowing when to jump. Going up and getting the pass at it's highest point seems to be his key to success, that in addition to his remarkable ability to hang onto the ball.
- Alex Hoffman-Ellis is still just a spectator at practice, although I would still expect to see him on the field come Saturday. AHE Is just another guy on the roster who's a little dinged up, nothing to worry about.
- Little mix up at O-line today, here's the first team line from left to right these last two days: 77 - 55 - 54 - 72 - 76. That is: John Fullington, Wade Jacobson, Zack Williams, B.J. Guerra, Micah Hannam. Yep, Hannam is back working with the #1's, although he is still sporting the canary yellow (non-contact) jersey due to that concussion.
- Also interesting is that the last two days TE Skylar Stormo has been working with the second team O-line at RT. Probably just for depth help I wouldn't expect to see him play.
- Talked to Reid a little bit today and he should be good to go for Saturday.
- After missing the game last weekend due to "personal problems" C.J. Mizell was back at practice both Monday and Tuesday and working with the first team defense. So he should be playing on Saturday like we were told.
Well that's what I have for you guys from the last two practice days. I'd imagine the team would be back into their regular schedule again today with a full contact practice. I'll be back either late tonight or early tomorrow with a recap of todays action.
Like always, anything in particular you want me to take a look at, post in the comments and I'll get some answers for you!