Whew, internet in the apartment is finally back up, which means it's about time I got this practice recap up! Not a whole lot to mention from the practice (run-through) from yesterday. Again, last practice of the week with just shells and putting together the gameplan. So here you go fellow readers:
- Nick Furney got the snaps at kicker again when the team practiced field goals. Hit all his tries. The kid has a leg, just didn't perform well during game time last week, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
- During the two minute drill the offense moved the ball fairly well against the second team defense.
- C.J. Mizell took all the snaps at MIKE when the first team defense was on the field against the second team offense's two minute drill session.
- A few times I saw some interesting personnel packages on defense, can't say a whole lot, but I liked the idea. It will be a good way to help put our players in position against this fast Oregon offense.
- Receivers seemed to have a bad case of the dropsies at practice yesterday, out of the norm for this group. Yesterday was the first truly cold day on the Palouse for the year so that may have contributed to it. Game time weather looks to be about the same as it was yesterday, so let's hope it doesn't effect them.
- The RV tailgaters: vicious group. I left practice to find like 6 people standing around my car in the tailgating lot waiting for me to leave. They were nice and helped me leave without being crushed though.