2010 football is over, meaning it's time for a way-way-too early depth chart (ok so it isn't really a depth chart, more of a list), along with some of the big-name newcomers. AND REMEMBER: THE NEWCOMERS HAVE NOT SIGNED YET AND THIS COULD ALL CHANGE VERY RAPIDLY. So here goes:
QB: Tuel, Lobbestael, Halliday, Newcomers: Clements
RB: Mitz, Galvin, Winston, Burns, Byers (FB) maybe Montgomery, Newcomers: Sankey
WR: Wilson, Karstetter, Simone, Barton, Ratliff, Williams, Bontemps, Bomber
TE: Dunn, Stormo, Lintz
OL: Gonzales, Jacobson, Guerra, Bosch, Fullington, Roxas, Pencer, Valenzuela, Rodgers, Hodgdon, Reitnour Newcomers: Nembot, Poloai
DE: Long, Clayton, Pu'u Robinson
DT: Rankin, Laurenzi, Hoffart, Pole, Spitz
MIKE: Mizell, Bland, Ledgerwood
WILL: AHE, Kaufusi, Markle LB Newcomers: Sua, Pritchard, Hersey, Mayes
CB: Washington, Simmons, Justin, Horton
FS: Toomer, Locker
SS: Bu"CANNON", Carpenter
RF (The new abbreviation for punter is RF (Reid Forrest). Deal with it) : Wagner
- I want to start by saying that I did this with not a whole lot of research. I was just wondering about it, and I figured I'd write it down in case anyone else wanted to see.
- WR is stacked. I'd be surprised to see anyone in the 2011 class not redshirt, unless a talent like Wilson is discovered. I want to see Bomber get some action (always gotta root for the short guy).
- LB I think is looking pretty good as well. With Bland coming back and Sua coming in (please stick please stick please stick!) they could be set for a few years to come.
- The whole defense really looks pretty good. I know that they are going to be the same guys that got run over week to week, but hopefully another offseason under these young guys' belts will help them out.
- Once again (how many times have we said this) I'm worried about the offensive line. I'm not really sure who will play center (Roxas maybe?).
- It'll be interesting to see what happens with Rankin over the offseason, or maybe I should say to see who fills Kooyman's void.