OK, folks: It's all set up for you over at ESPN.com, since a plurality of you (as of the time I wrote this) selected the four-letter network as our provider of choice. And as benevolent dictators, we sometimes like you to feel like you have a say in what goes on around here.
A few things to note:
- This is open to anyone in the CougCenter.com community. The more, the merrier!
- No, we don't have any prizes. I'm a teacher and HAVE YOU SEEN THE PROPOSED BUDGET IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON? Bragging rights will have to suffice.
- It's a basic scoring system (correct responses in the first round worth 10, each successive round worth double). I can't change the scoring system, but that's what I usually do anyway (without the multiples of 10).
- Only one entry per person.
You must title your bracket with your SB Nation username. It makes it a lot more fun to talk trash at each other when you know who you're actually talking about. For example, you all will be telling me how awful my bracket is repeatedly, because I always suck at this.
So, here are your steps (probably more detailed than most of you need, but hey -- I'm a teacher; leave nothing to chance):
- Visit ESPN.com's fantasy sports site. Click on "Tournament Challenge."
- Log in with your ESPN.com account, or create one if you don't have one.
- Click "Create Your Entry."
- Where it says "Name Your Entry," put your SB Nation username (mine was Nuss but is now Jeff Nusser)
- You can fill out your bracket now or sometime later, but just don't forget to do it before tipoff of the first game on Thursday. The play-in game is not counted.
- About a third of the way down from the top of the screen is a link that says "My Groups." Put your mouse over that and then click on "Create or Join a Group."
- In the search box, type "CougCenter." Click on the group when it drops down from the box.
- Under password, type "huskiessuck." (I just wanted to get that little jab in at our Husky friends who will be a part of the fun.)
That's all there is to it. Just make sure you settle on your picks before Thursday morning.
For those of you who just can't get enough, I also set up CougCenter groups for ESPN.com's two other games related to the tournament: the Hardcourt Challenge and College Hoops Pick 'Em. You know, for those of us who would like to have something to follow long after our bracket is obliterated.
That's pretty much it. I'll leave you with SB Nation's region previews to get you started, and I'll try to pass along other interesting NCAA Tournament stories along the way this week.
2010 NCAA Tournament, South Preview & Predictions: Don't Sleep On Baylor Bears - SB Nation
SB Nation previews the South Regional bracket of the 2010 NCAA Tournament.
2010 NCAA Tournament, East Preview & Predictions: Heard Of This John Wall Fella? - SB Nation
Martin Rickman from Blogger So Dear takes a look at the big stories in the East Region
2010 NCAA Tournament, West Preview & Predictions: Where We're Covered In Chalk - SB Nation
West Regional Breakdown: Where We're Leaving The Madness For Another Region
2010 NCAA Tournament, Midwest Preview & Predictions: The Toughest Region - SB Nation
Previewing the NCAA Tournament's Midwest Region, the toughest part of this year's bracket.