Business first: go here and take the SBN poll.
Day three of the tournament just happened and it was full of not-so-fun times. It was nice outside and I missed the early games, but I'm confident enough to run down the action for those of you that missed it.
This post is brought to you by the Northern Iowa Sex Panthers:
60% of the time, they kill your bracket.
- Buffalo Wild Wings was back in action again today. They didn't feel like going to overtime, but they sure did like upsets. I can now confidently say that I hate Buffalo Wild Wings and so does my bracket.
- The verdict on the Wonton Tacos from Applebees is in: they're good. Try the pulled pork Wonton Taco.
- Now that all of that is out of the way, let's hit the big news of the day. NUSS IS IN THE SWEET 16! KSU took out BYU, whom I thought would be their biggest test, handily. Jacob Pullen is now my new favorite player in the tournament after putting up 34 points, on 7-12 three point shooting, to lead the Wildcats to victory over BYU. Since my brackets done, I'm on the KSU bandwagon and I suggest you all hop aboard.
- The second biggest news of the day was Kansas losing to Northern Iowa. That noise you heard around 4:30 today was 2/3 of America ripping up their brackets. Northern Iowa is a good team but had no business beating Kansas, the odds on favorite to win the tournament. How did they do it? I honestly couldn't tell you since CBS decided a certain other game should be on my TV. Just quickly running down the stats, KU turned the ball over more and NIU made a few more threes. Which leads me to....
- Ali Farokhmanesh is now the Cinderella hero of the tournament after hitting what was the game winning three on a shot that was one of those "no no no (swish) yes!" kind of shots. He's from Pullman and has you-know-whats of steel. If Tony Bennett recruited him, we'd be in the Sweet Sixteen right now.
- Pac-10 update: we're 3-0. Still the best conference in the America.
- UW won and Seattle has been overtaken by "Husky Fever". If you have a cure, please let me know because it's getting to be a problem over here.
- Steve Alford wore this:
- Bad idea, Steve. It didn't work.
- This man, however, did win:
- St. Marys beat Villanova in a game that shouldn't shock anyone that has seen Villanova's play in the tournament. Omar Samhan (Enter the Samhan) put up 32 for a two game total of 61. I, for one, welcome the Samhan to my dreams (Thanks announcers!).
That's all I've got for today. Tomorrow ends the round of 32 and also ends the suffering for wives and girlfriends everywhere. Feel free to add anything I missed or scream about your brackets in the comments below. If anyone would like to trade, feel free to let me know. Brackets are like fantasy sports, right?