The final seedings will come out soon, but here's what we got so far. Still time to make up ground.
Buffalo Wild Wings Bracket
1. Nuss- 1102 posts and 9406 comments. A sure fire number one seed and a forced to be reckoned with. If you want to knock him out, go for the jejunum.
2. spencer peaty/peaty411s- Impressive combined resume. Solid numbers all the way around, everything you could ask for from a 2 seed.
3. philkid3- Although baseball seems to be his forte, he has a solid 800 posts to the site. Always seems to add something of value to the conversation.
4. hollyweirdcoug- Surely on the bubble, but will make this first bracket. Pretty good amount of comments, but the amount of posts leaves something to be desired.
1. Grady.- In my original rankings, I had Dancing Football as my number 2 overall. Still a toss up, with Craigs demanding lead in comments, but I went with the wily veteran with more posts in his career.
2. johnnycougar- Could slide down from this ranking, but is here for now at least. One thing I love is the amount of posts he has. Comments are nice, but I feel a post has a bigger value. His solid 71 number caught the eye of the committee.
3. GoCougs- Maybe a bit underseeded, he has all of the credentials to pull of a special run. Numerous posts and comments as well as a whole 20 minutes in a podcast dedicated to him. Watch out, Cinderella first name might be Go.
4. 02 Coug- Over 1000 comments and numerous posts, this is a 3 seed to be reckoned with. Also makes a Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone like duo with his wife, who was leading the CougCenter bracket challenge at the last check.
Ivan Brothers Bracket
1. Dancing Football- The true fan, this guy has put up an impressive number of posts in his career. True underdog story going common poster too a writer, opening the way for cougfan and giving hope to all of us "little people."
2. Big Wood- Solid post numbers, but not the reason for the 2 seed. I am in love with the plus minus he provides for the basketball games. He has a place in my heart for providing those every game.
3. Cougar 999- Much like TiltingRight below, this guy had a big time endorsement from a highly respected writer, cougfan. That definitely helped his ranking, as well as his recent tournament preview threads.
4. so cal coug- Pedestrian number of comments, but his "for shizell my mizell" tag line stole my heart long ago.
Gus Johnson Bracket
1. cougfan- Only experience keeps this competitor from being a higher number 1 seed. A truly remarkable number of comments in a short matter of time gives him as good of a shot as any of the other number ones to take home the title and have that "one shining moment."
2. TiltingRight- He got a huge boost in the rankings for 2 reasons: A) He made the Jeff Tuel hope poster and 2) An endorsement from Nuss. That's like Obi Wan Kenobi giving vouching for a jedi. He has been around the block, and seems deserving of this ranking.
3. Coug1990- Would be higher if not for a poor post number, but his 852 comments make for a heck of a first round battle with TiltingRight. Get your tivo ready.
4. jj_fekl- Solid, but no spectacular numbers. Also a whiner when it came to allowing the writers in this tournament, which is why he will draw one in round one.
Last 4 in- jj_fekl, so cal coug, 02 coug, hollyweirdcoug
Last out- coug2828, displaced cougar, ptowncoug3012, Roy Weaver Stuckey
Discuss! Tell me if I am way off. This was not easy.
What do you think of this?
Awesome! Got the people right and this will be fun (11 votes)
Good idea, but you need to reevaluate the seeds and bubble teams (1 vote)
I don't care, I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings (5 votes)
Crimson and gray, that was one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber, fo (0 votes)
17 total votes