With the Oklahoma State game coming up fast, the Cougs released their initial depth chart for the season this morning. As Vince Grippi said this morning, there was a depth chart floating around this weekend that had some errors. With the release of the official depth chart, we now have a clear picture of who will see action this weekend.
You can find the official depth chart here, in PDF format.
Now, for a quick breakdown.
- Aire Justin has been nursing an injury, leaving Nolan Washington and Damante Horton as the first and second-stringers for the OSU game.
- Six true freshmen are listed on the depth chart. John Fullington, Marquess Wilson, Horton, Deone Bucannon, Andrew Furney and punt-returner Rickey Galvin are all listed as backups at their respective positions.
- Three positions have backups listed as either/or. Chantz Staden and Logwone Mitz are both listed as the backup running back, Alex Reitnouer and Tyson Pencer are listed as the backup at left guard and Reitnour is also listed as the backup at right guard with Elliott Bosch. It's pretty safe to say Reitnour will see time on the line.
- Both Casey Locker and Bucannon passed up Jamal Atofau at the safety position. Edit: Grippi with the answer. Atofau has been moved to the SAM spot.
- James Montgomery is the second return-man for kickoffs. This scares the crap out of me. Please, Paul, put Galvin back there instead.