So by now, we all know how these work. Talk about anything and everything you want, but don't talk about the Cougs.
- I'm probably the only person who still watches "wrestling", but this Sunday is the pinnacle of sports entertainment. The Grand Daddy of 'em All, WrestleMania 27. With matches that include Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title, Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE Title, and HHH vs. Undertaker (in what should be one of the greatest matches of all time), WM is shaping up to be one helluva night. Also appearances by Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock make it so, so worth the money. (Yes, go ahead and make fun of me now.)
- May 17th, Rockstar Games is releasing it's newest title, L.A. Noire. If you haven't seen the previews for this game, go check it out. I'm not sure if it will be the greatest game ever, but it will certainly be the best looking game ever. Go here to watch the video in amazement.
- Speaking of Rockstar Games, I've been replaying Red Dead Redemption lately. Holy crap. I can't believe I forgot how great this game truly is. If you haven't played it yet, do so immediately. Also be prepared not to have a life for about a week. The first time I played it, I spent literally 100+ hours playing. Of course, I did a bunch of side missions and all the stuff to attain 100%, but still. Best $60 I've ever spent.
- Switching from video games to booze, I have an honest question for my fellow CougCenter community members. I never drink vodka, but we received some as a present when we moved to our new house a few months ago. I want to drink it tonight because its just been sitting in our freezer, but I don't know what to mix with it. I know I can mix it with cranberry juice, but I'm not a single girl at a bar. We have some raspberry lemonade (Simply FTW), and I think that would work, but I don't know. I've also heard 7-Up works. I'm basically a whiskey/rum guy, and all I ever drink any more is Jameson or Captain Morgan. So what can I mix this vodka with that will make it taste good?
- Not sure if this is all Safeways or just the Safeway by my house, but they're currently running some pretty good Buy One Get One specials. I bought four bags of Chili Cheese Fritos because they were Buy 2 Get 2 Free. Then I bought Mrs. Kyle four Twix bars for $1.50. I feel like I need to go back and buy more stuff that isn't good for me. I'm like a kid that just got his allowance.
- Everyone knows about Dexter now, but I feel like no one talks about Californication. David Duchovny stars as writer/drunk/womanizer Hank Moody, and it is probably a tie with Dexter as the best show on TV right now. Season 4 just wrapped up this past weekend, and if you haven't seen the show, check it out. Each season has 12 episodes that are only half an hour each, so it's a pretty quick watch. Bonus: gratuitous Showtime nudity.
- Baseball is back! We'll miss you, Dave.