Fame and fortune can be yours if you can win CougCenter's College Football Pick'Em contest!
No, really! If you win it, we'll put your name in that little widget at the left-hand side of the site with our other 2012 contest winners, SoCalCoug and Klokkins, so there's your fame; additionally, our contest sponsor, GameDay Depot, is providing $10 gift certificates to each weekly winner, and a $50 gift certificate to the season winner, so there's your fortune.
If you're wondering what a GameDay Depot gift card is worth, consider this: We'll be offering some custom CougCenter shirts for sale through their store in the not-so-distant future.
Here's how you get in on the action:
- Read the official rules.
- Go here and click on "Join a Group." Enter group number 12003 and password rpistillsucks.
- IMPORTANT: Use your CougCenter username as the title of your entry. That way we know who is who.
- Make your picks.
The fine print:
- Only one entry per person.
- Do not enter any other college football pick'em pools at SB Nation sites. If you do, you'll be automatically disqualified from winning any prizes.
- Games to pick each week will be Yahoo's editors' selections and all Pac-12 games (that's 23 games the first week).
- All picks will be made against the spread (no confidence points or anything like that).
- You have until 5 minutes before each game to make your pick so you won't be screwed if you miss the first game.
- We're even going to drop each person's lowest week from the overall standings at the end if you forget a week entirely.
- Ties for the weekly winner will be broken using Yahoo's default tiebreaker. In the event it's still tied, you will have to fight to the death for your $10. (Just kidding. We'll go with the person who correctly picked the biggest upset that week.) If it's still tied, I'm flipping a coin, verified by my lovely wife.
- Ties for the season winner will be decided as follows: 1) Points accumulated in Pac-12 picks; 2) Highest single-week score; 3) Biggest upset picked correctly that season; 4) Coin flip.
I think that's about it. As usual, I look forward to finishing near last place.