eater of cake
At this point, it sort of seems like same stuff, different day, no? Ho hum, another big WSU victory over a conference opponent, another huge performance and Player of the Game/Pac 12 Offensive POTW nod for our fearless QB, Jeff Tuel. Another late TD to make the score look somewhat respectable, even though the game wasn't really close. More Marquess Wilson breaking records.
The Cougars had no trouble with Cal, winning 38 - 24 to improve to 6-1 on the season. Cal was never really in this game, either, proving that CougCenter > California Golden Blogs. Hippies!
Next week is a BYE week for the Cougs, so I wasn't planning on giving it its own post, but just skipping ahead to Week 9. There was a pretty monumental upset during Week 8 though, so that should be worth reading. Also of note: the Cougs currently have 4 verbal commitments, all of whom are 1 star prospects. Woo! Thanks,
Coach Wulff EA Sports computer simulation!
Jeff Tuel: 32/40, 435 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, L69, 2 sacks
Jeff Tuel: 19 carries, 53 yards
Rickey Galvin: 2 carries, 7 yards
Carl Winston: 1 carry, 7 yards
Marquess Wilson: 11 catches, 170 yards, 2 TDs, L69, 2 drops
Bobby Ratliff: 7 catches, 159 yards, 1 TD, L46
Andrei Lintz: 6 catches, 54 yards, 2 TDs
Kristoff Williams: 6 catches, 44 yards
Mansel Simmons: 2 catches, 8 yards
Chester Su'a: 9 tackles, 5 solo
Cyrus Coen: 7 tackles, 2 solo, 1 sack
Kache Palacio: 7 tackles, 4 solo, 1 sack
Travis Long: 6 tackles, 4 solo, 1 sack
Damante Horton: 4 tackles, 1 solo, 0 sacks, 1 INT
5 tackles, 2 solo, 0 sacks, 0 INTs, 3 deflections, 0 FF, 0 FR, 0 safeties, 1 lol wait what is happening
Around the Pac 12:
Colorado 27, ASU 13
Notre Dame 33, Stanford 14
Utah 35, UCLA 19
USC 56, UW 3
Oregon State 28, BYU 3
Current Pac 12 Standings:
Oregon (6-0) [3-0]
Washington State (6-1) [3-1]
Stanford (3-3) [1-2]
Washington (3-3) [0-3]
Oregon State (2-4) [0-3]
Cal (2-5) [0-4]
Utah (6-0) [3-0]
UCLA (6-1) [3-1]
USC (5-1) [3-1]
Arizona (4-2) [2-1]
Colorado (2-4) [1-2]
Arizona State (2-4) [1-2]
Other Interesting Tidbits:
- Jeff Tuel is now the favorite to win the Heisman. His 2,886 yards passing and 31 TDs lead the nation.
-season: 84 catches, 1,436 yards, and 15 TDs. All of those are new WSU single season records. Just for funsies, here are his career totals: 221 catches, 3,830 yards, and 33 TDs. Marquess Wilson is now WSU's career leading in everything, including number of man crushes.
- Only two players have rushing TDs: Jeff Tuel and Rickey Galvin. Galvin has one.
- So remember that amazing 3 sack game Logan Mayes had a few weeks back? In the past three games, he has 2 tackles combined, with zero sacks. He recorded no stats in this week's victory over Cal, which, aww :(
- #15 Utah beat #24 UCLA and jumped all the way up to #7. #14 USC beat #25 UW and jumped up to #6. In case you're wondering, Utah is undefeated. USC's lone loss came to Utah. But yeah, USC should totally be ranked ahead of them. NOT.
- I usually skip to the bottom of the defensive stats so I can see what Tyree Toomer did and chuckle quietly to myself, but then I saw that, whoa, he actually played well. He's going to go bananas one game and have like 5 interceptions and I'm going to have to eat crow so hard. Not really looking forward to that.
- With this win, the Cougs are now Bowl eligible. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl Presented by
BigWood! Kyle Sherwood here we come!
- this is relevant:
Best resume ever? Under skills he put "makes great tacos" and "multitasks by putting on socks while pooping" also "3X youth soccer medalist"— Mark Sandritter (@MarkSandritter) March 19, 2012