Evan Habeeb-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
The College football season is through five weeks, and there are still 23 undefeated teams remaining in the FBS.
The Oregon Ducks stay at the top spot in my college football rankings this week after blowing out the Cougars on Saturday night. Alabama moves up to No. 2 and Stanford plummets after their loss in Seattle.
The UTSA Road-Runners make their debut in my rankings in their first year as an FBS team. Meep, meep, indeed.
1. Oregon - Yeah, the Ducks are pretty good.
15. Oregon State - 2-0 in Pac-12 play, with both wins coming on the road. Nice start for the Beavs.
17. UCLA - Bounced back by doing what everyone should do to the Buffaloes.
18. Arizona State - A strong start for the Sun Devils. Can they avoid fading down the stretch like last season?
23. Stanford - That offense looked pretty bad on Thursday. Stout defense only gets you so far (right, Seahawks fans?)
38. USC - Strength of schedule is killing the Trojans here. Their wins have come against Hawaii (107), Syracuse (88), and Cal (see below).
48. Arizona - Wildcat fans must hate the state of Oregon.
52. Washington - Huge win, but still a so-so margin overall holding them back.
71. Utah - Big game coming up on Thursday at USC comes to town. They could put the Trojans' Pac-12 title hopes on life support with a win at home on ESPN.
93. Cal - Poor Golden Bears. Things seemed to be looking up after they challenged Ohio State in Columbus, but the offense has done nothing since.
103. WSU - After that "home" game against Oregon, the Cougars have the next three out of four on the road. Things could get ugly in a hurry if they don't turn things around.
122. Colorado - Buffs fans are happy to have that win over the Cougs, as more beatings like Saturday are to come.