Washington got the 2013 Apple Cup off to a quick start, taking the opening kickoff and moving the ball down the field. The drive ended with Travis Coons hitting a 48-yard field goal to put the Huskies up 3-0.
The Huskies began the drive form their own 15-yard line and immediately began to push the tempo. Washington picked up small chunks of yards before Keith Price threw deep to Austin Seferian-Jenkins. WSU's Nolan Washington had good coverage on the play, but the big tight end won the jump ball, coming down with a 32-yard reception.
That play moved Washington into WSU territory, but the Cougar defense held. The Cougs got off the field on third down, setting up the long field goal attempt. Coons was able to sneak the ball just inside the right upright for a season-long field goal.
Bishop Sankey carried three times on the opening drive, picking up 18 yards.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54