WSU hasn't found a ton of offensive success in the early going, but the Cougars took advantage of great field possession and tied the game 3-3 with an Andrew Furney 49-yard field goal.
WSU took over at the Washington 47-yard line after Xavier Cooper sacked Keith Price and forced a fumble with Justin Sagote was able to come up with. Connor Halliday moved the Cougars into Husky territory on the first offensive play, hitting Gabe Marks for a 9-yard gain. WSU converted the first down, but then the drive stalled.
The Cougars were close to breaking a screen pass to Isiah Myers, but Washington did a good job of rallying to the ball. That set up a long field goal attempt for Furney, but he drilled it right down the middle to get Washington State on the board and tie the game.
Halliday is currently 10-of-19 for just 55 yards. The Cougars will need to find more success on early downs if they are going to be able to put points on the scoreboard.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54