Washington State got on the board for the first time in the second half and the Cougars now trail the Huskies 20-17 midway through the fourth quarter of the 2013 Apple Cup.
The drive started off well, with Connor Halliday hitting River Cracraft for 29 yards on the second play. WSU took moved to the Washington 34-yard line, but the drive quickly stalled. After a pair of incomplete passes, Halliday made the mistake of running out of bounds for a 5-yard loss instead of throwing the ball away. The Cougars went for it on 4th-and-15 and Halliday hit Dom Williams for a 22-yard gain. Williams took a huge hit on the play, but managed to hang on to the ball.
The Huskies were penalized for an illegal hit, moving the ball to the Washington 8-yard line. Halliday hit Williams again two plays later for a 5-yard touchdown. The response was vital for WSU who was on the brink of playing its way out of the game.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54