With the unveiling of the NCAA tournament bracket this afternoon, it's time for that time-honored tradition of making a fool out of yourself by trying to pick the results of the games of the Big Dance.
Or maybe that's just me. Whatever.
My recent track record, stinks -- I finished 90th out of 94 brackets last year. Ouch. Like a Cougar basketball player trying to make a play in the last 10 minutes of a game, I tend to overthink it. The hardest part for me is finding the upsets. You know there will be some -- but where will they be? And when do you cut bait and let the higher seeds carry you into the Final Four?
If you're ready to try your hand at potentially looking very smart -- or equally dumb -- join the CougCenter Bracket Challenge. We're working on digging up a prize, but at the very least you will be eligible for the Yahoo! $10,000 prize for the best bracket out of all the entrants if you opt-in to that.
Here's how you participate:
- Go here.
- Click "Join a group."
- Click "Join a group" again.
- Sign in or create a Yahoo! user ID.
- Enter group ID 84383. Password is rpisucks.
- When it's time to name your bracket, please name your bracket with your user name at CougCenter -- this helps us all keep track of who is doing what.
- You can only fill out one bracket for this contest.
That's really it. I'm looking forward to losing to all of you. Share your tips, tricks and favorite upset picks in the comments below. And remember to name your bracket with your CougCenter username. Makes it more fun for all of us.