Brett Bartolone is a name that Cougar fans became acquainted with in the 2012 season when he was one of the Cougars most productive receivers. Here are five things that fans should know about Bartolone as we head into 2014:
Name - Brett Bartolone
Position - Wide Receiver
Year - Junior
Height/Weight - 5'10, 186 pounds
Hometown - La Habra, CA
Five things to know about Brett Bartolone:
1. Fab Freshman: Bartolone collected All-Pac-12 honorable mention as a true freshman in 2012. He led WSU in total receptions with 53 for 435 yards and scored four touchdowns.
2. Struggles and Injuries: Bartolone never really got going in 2013. He mustered only 10 catches in five games while missing most of the season with an injury. He did not a participant in the practice part of spring camp and was spotted wearing a sling.
3. Under the radar recruit: Bartolone was a member of Mike Leach's first recruiting class in 2012. An academic and athletic standout for La Habra High School, he was rated 2-stars by Rivals and held offers from Air Force and Cornell.
4. Return man: He played on some special teams in his freshman returning six punts and two kickoffs.
5. Comeback kid? Looking to have a bounce-back year. Bartolone, if healthy, will likely compete with Rickey Galvin and possibly incoming freshman Calvin Green for reps as the H receiver.