Editors note: With the season quickly approaching we're running through the roster to get to know the 2014 Cougar football team a little better. We'll do it by learning -- or remembering -- five things about each player.
Name - Carlos Freeman
Position - Offensive line
Year - Redshirt freshman
Height/weight - 6'3, 315 pounds
Hometown - Midwest City, Oklahoma
Five things to know about Carlos Freeman:
1. Freeman was a consensus 3-star recruit coming out of high school and one of the top prospects in the state of Oklahoma. ESPN rated him as the No. 25 center in the country while Scout.com pegged him as the No. 11 prospect in Oklahoma.
2. He is much more than a football player. He was a fairly prolific wrestler in high school, including a runner up finish in the state tournament as a senior. He finished third in state as a junior and ninth as a sophomore. He also finished third in state in powerlifting as a junior.
3. Freeman didn't play last season and will be a redshirt freshman next season. He will enter fall camp competing for playing time and could potentially see the field at center or one of the guard spots next season.
4. He has some brains to go with that brawn as according to his spring football bio, he has a 4.0 GPA. He is planning to major in construction management.
5. Freeman is also apparently strong enough to break cinder blocks while pushing a blocking sled. Cue Clay McGuire: