We're going to talk about every angle of this game we can think of, but we'd love it if you had questions for us to discuss. Feel free to leave those in the comments below.
COUGARS VS. BULLDOGS:
• Wednesday is the 146th all-time meeting between Washington State and Gonzaga with the Cougars holding a 98-48 advantage. • Although Gonzaga has won 10 of the last 13 meetings, WSU has won two of the last three played in Pullman, including the last game in Beasley Coliseum, an 81-59 victory, Dec. 8, 2010.
• At Pullman, Washington State leads the series, 45-18, with the first of those games coming Jan. 15, 1916, a 43-18 victory for WSU.
• The first seven games of the series were played at Gonzaga, WSU went 4-3 in those games from 1907-14.
• Cougar head coach Ken Bone is 2-4 all-time against Gonzaga and 1-2 as both WSU's and Portland State's head coach.
• Four of the six games Bone has coached against Gonzaga came against ranked Bulldog teams, including all three while at PSU.
Ken Bone vs. Gonzaga:
Nov. 30, 2005 - PSU at (6) Gonzaga - L, 89-80
Nov. 30, 2006 - PSU at (22) Gonzaga - L, 69-51
Dec. 23, 2008 - PSU at (7) Gonzaga - W, 77-70
Dec. 2, 2009 - WSU at Gonzaga - L, 74-69
Dec. 8, 2010 - WSU vs. Gonzaga - W, 81-59
Nov. 14, 2011 - WSU at (22) Gonzaga - L, 89-81
• WSU's second-half comeback fell short as it fell to No. 22 Gonzaga, 89-81, Monday, Nov. 14, 2011 in the first game of ESPN's College Hoops Tip-off Marathon. • Five Cougars scored in double figures including Mike Ladd and DaVonté Lacy making their Cougar debuts with 13 and 11 points, respectively.
Brock Motum led the team with 17 points.
• WSU's first three substitutions were newcomers (Ladd, Lacy and Shelton).
• All 11 of Lacy's points came in the second half...nine of them (all three of his 3-pointers) in the final 5:30.
• Charlie Enquist got the second start of his career and his first since the 2009-10 season...his 20 minutes played were the most since the 2009-10 season.
• Kevin Pangos tied Gonzaga's school record with 9 3-pointers on his way to 33 points.
• Robert Sacre (15/10) and Elias Harris (14/11) each added double-doubles, while Gary Bell, Jr. chipped in 14 points for the Bulldogs.