Thanks to a 42-0 win over the Idaho Vandals, we get to enjoy Cougar victory highlights for the third week in a row. This really doesn't get old.
Lots of interesting stuff in the notes this week, as is usually the case in sizable victories. We'll probably be talking quite a bit about Connor Halliday this week, but for now, consider this: His four touchdown passes on Saturday gave him 34 for his career, moving him past Jeff Tuel's 33 and into seventh place all time at WSU. We all know the Air Raid is going to skew the passing records at WSU, but man -- at some point, 34 TDs is going to be an average season for a WSU QB.
Also, sure seems like Tuel should have thrown more than 33. Man I wish that guy would've gotten a legit shot to be awesome here.
My favorite stat from the game book embedded at the bottom? The defense allowing just 3.4 yards per play ... which wasn't even the lowest yards per play of the season! That distinction belongs to USC at 3.0. It equaled the performance against Southern Utah.
What's your favorite note or stat?
Via WSU Athletic Communications
• WSU posted its first shutout since beating Idaho 25-0 in 2003 in Seattle
• WSU posted its first shutout in Martin Stadium since beating Louisiana-Lafayette 44-0 in 1999
• WSU tallied six sacks, the most since recording six against Colorado last season
• Connor Halliday tossed four touchdown passes, he now has 34 career touchdown passes, pushing him
past Jeff Tuel (33) and into seventh place all-time
• Halliday recorded his sixth career 4-touchdown game, tying Ryan Leaf for most all-time
• Halliday recorded his eighth career 300-yard performance, third-most all time by a Cougar quarterback
• Gabe Marks caught his fourth and fifth career touchdown passes, his second straight game with a TD
• Marks made career highs of 11 catches for 146 yards and touchdowns
• Marks recorded his first 100-yard game of the season, third of his career
• Darryl Monroe made a game-high and career-high 12 tackles
• Justin Sagote matched his career-high with 10 tackles, also did so at USC this season
• Xavier Cooper recorded his first sack of the season, finished with 1.5 sacks, now has 4.5 in his career
• Cooper made a career high 3.5 tackles-for-loss
• Dom Williams has caught a pass in 10 straight games
• Dom Williams caught his third touchdown of the season, fifth of his career
• Vince Mayle recorded his second touchdown reception of the season.
• Jeremiah Laufasa had two rushing touchdowns for the second time this season
• Leon Brooks had a career-long 51-yard punt return
• Deone Bucannon made five tackles to up his career total to 305, tying Artie Holmes for ninth-most in WSU
history. He made three solo stops to up his career solo total to 209, fifth-most in school history.
• Deone Bucannon recorded his 11th career interception to move into WSU's all-time top-10, now tied for
eighth for most career INT's. He also forced a fumble that led to a Cougar touchdown.