UPDATED 9:39 a.m.
Welcome to CougCenter's newest gameday feature, The Morning Paper. First thing each morning of a game, we'll be passing along all of the links related to that day's contest so you can get fired up throughout the day and discuss what might go down.
First, the WSU links:
- First up, we've got the WSU athletic department press release. If you've never dowloaded, printed, and sat with one of these while watching/listening to the game, you don't know what you're missing. (I'm actully being serious.)
- Next, we've got Grippi's preview from the Spokesman-Review, focusing on the Cougs' need to recover quickly from what was a, uh, difficult weekend.
- Then, there's this preview from freelancer Howie Stalwick for The (Tacoma) News Tribune, focusing on James Harden and just how good the Sun Devils. Beware, per-game stats cited heavily. (This story also appeared in the Seattle P-I.)
Nothing from the Seattle Times.EDIT: The Times ran this AP preview.
- EDIT: The Daily Evergreen checks in with this preview.
- EDIT: Grippi throws in some more notes with his morning post.
From Tempe ...
- Here's the ASU athletic department press release, if you'd like to read up on your random Sun Devil facts.
- And for the only ASU preview from a major paper, the Arizona Republic checks in with this preview, proving that the Sun Devils have not forgotten about recent close losses to the Cougs - they hope this team is mature enough to get over the hump.