After a week off for the bye, Paul Wulff returned today for his weekly teleconference with reporters in advance of Saturday's matchup with Cal. I gotta be honest -- this is one of the most boring press conferences ever. But give it a listen if you so desire.
Items of note:
- Injuries made up a huge portion of it. Likely to play: Guard Zack Williams, defensive tackle Bernard Wolfgramm, center Kenny Alfred, middle linebacker Alex Hoffman-Ellis. Better than 50 percent chance to play: Guard B.J. Guerra, tackle Steven Ayers. Less than 50 percent chance to play: Tackle Tyson Pencer.
- Looks like defensive end Kevin Kooyman isn't getting any better. An injury redshirt application is becoming more and more likely.
- Defensive tackle Josh Luapo had successful knee surgery. He's still out for the year.
- Myron Beck has more or less completed a switch back to full-time safety, which gives the team the chance to put Chima Nwachukwu back at corner some with the season-ending injury to Daniel Simmons.
- The team really emphasized mental preparation and maturity in setting goals for the second half of the season.
- Jahvid Best is good.
- Cal's main problem against Oregon and USC? The passing game.
As usual you can listen to the audio via the player below, or visit our podcast page for myriad subscription options. You can also find us in the iTunes directory under keyword "CougCenter." The advantage of subscribing? Besides having the audio directly delivered to your player of choice, I often upload the audio to the podcast site before posting it here.
Special thanks to the Washington State University sports information department, who provides the audio.