What should have been a lighthearted and fun press conference today starts off on a somber note -- James Montgomery's season-ending leg injury. Other items of note in the presser:
Marshall Lobbestael will start again.
- They wanted to play Jeff Tuel, but the opportunity didn't present itself. They will continue to prepare him, but whether he gets in a game will depend largely on Lobbestael's play. If the opportunity doesn't present itself over the next handful of games, they'll be OK with redshirting him. (By extension it sure sounds like they've given up on Lopina.)
- Carl Winston might play given Montgomery's injury. But he's in the same boat as Tuel.
- His thoughts on UW/USC. (Turnovers and QB play.)
- How to cope with the pressure of playing USC in the Coliseum.
- I feel bad for the poor guy who had the big crash sound come over his phone.
- His thoughts on Phase III.
As usual, you can listen to the audio via the player below, or visit our podcast page for subscription options.