Usually the most entertaining part of the Pac-10 media day is the release of the media poll. Ted Miller brings us the 2010 edition.
- Seven teams took first place votes. This conference is stacked once again.
- I'm not sure who voted for UCLA, but they're either a genius or confused the Bruins for their big brother.
- The top two teams are pretty entrenched, but 3-7 are up in the air. Throwing those names in a hat and picking them out could end up being more accurate than this by the end of the season.
- WSU wasn't unanimously voted last. Progress!
- USC is bowl ineligible this year. The national media also won't allow them in the top 25 poll. Therefore, all of their media poll votes should go to the Cougs.
- This is a media poll. It doesn't matter. It's fun fodder, but championships -- or last place finishes -- don't happen on paper.
- Along those lines, Miller brings us this: "Arizona, Oregon and Stanford each had ninth-place votes as well as first-place votes." The media is awesome.