My very own edition of the college football top 25 has another change at the top, with Florida rising to No.1 after an impressive win over South Carolina. Notre Dame falls to No. 3, while Alabama take over No. 2. The Oregon Ducks are at the fourth spot, and K-State rounds out the top five.
Mississippi State is getting all sorts of love in my rankings, as they are No. 6. Texas Tech is in front of Oklahoma, who destroyed the Red Raiders. But whatever!
Click here for an explanation of the rankings.
4. Oregon: The Ducks should rise as long as they keep beating teams. SOS is hold them back right now.
14. Oregon State: The Beavers are hurt mostly because they've played only a decent schedule and hasn't really blown anyone out, even allowing the Cougs to stay close.
15. USC: The Trojans are finally making a push. Adding 44 points to their margin courtesy of Colorado certainly didn't hurt, and USC didn't really take much of SOS hit, because theirs was already pretty bad.
24. Stanford: The Cardinal have been hovering around here for the last few weeks. Their SOS will be hurt this weekend when they play WSU. If Stanford doesn't win big, look for them to drop out of the Top 25.
26. Arizona State: Drops out after a big loss that probably should have been much, much worse if Oregon didn't take the foot off the gas for the second half.
42. UCLA: Had a bye week to prepare for the Sun Devils and figure out a way to disappoint their fans in a new way.
47. Arizona: I've been saying they might be the best winless Pac-12 team ever. UW probably agrees, and the Wildcats are no longer winless in conference play.
77. Washington: That was a whole lot of ouch. And now Sark has lost favor? Things sure can turn quickly.
87. Cal: And the Tedford might save his job campaign is just about over with a loss in the Big Game.
107. WSU: The Cougs drop without playing. So impressive.
122. Colorado: The Buffs should have scheduled Idaho and UMass.
CougCenter Ballot - Week 8
|2||Alabama Crimson Tide||1|
|3||Notre Dame Fighting Irish||-2|
|5||Kansas St. Wildcats||-1|
|6||Mississippi St. Bulldogs||2|
|7||Ohio St. Buckeyes||--|
|8||Texas Tech Red Raiders||1|
|11||Florida St. Seminoles||1|
|12||South Carolina Gamecocks||-10|
|13||Texas A&M Aggies||-2|
|14||Oregon St. Beavers||4|
|17||Northern Illinois Huskies||6|
|18||Rutgers Scarlet Knights||--|
|21||Tulsa Golden Hurricane||-1|
|23||Louisiana Tech Bulldogs||-6|
|25||Boise St. Broncos||--|
|Dropouts: Cincinnati Bearcats, West Virginia Mountaineers, Iowa St. Cyclones, TCU Horned Frogs, Arizona St. Sun Devils|
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Top 25 Rankings "