Each team has now possessed the ball once in the 2013 Apple Cup and Washington still leads 3-0.
After the Huskies came away with a field goal on the first possession of the game, Connor Halliday and company got their chance. The Cougars didn't have a ton of success on early downs, but were able to move into Husky territory. WSU converted a pair of long third downs, one via a pass interference penalty and the other when Halliday threw a bullet into Gabe Marks.
Halliday threw a few dump offs and short screens, not of which found a ton of success. The Huskies did a good job of tackling Marcus Mason out of the backfield, something that could be a major factor in the game. Mason did find some success on his lone rush of the drive, bouncing outside for a 13-yard pickup.
Wes Concepcion pinned the Huskies at the 16-yard line with a 26-yard punt.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54