Washington State's offense is still attempting to get into a groove and the Cougars have now punted twice on two possessions.
The Cougars took over at their own 30-yardline, but barely moved. Teondray Caldwell picked up two yards on a first-down rush and that was all the Cougars would get. Connor Halliday was nearly intercepted on the second down pass, but the Washington defender was unable to come up with the catch. On third down, Halliday looked for a quick route to his left, but it was well covered. Instead of forcing it in, he ate it and took the sack.
After Washington managed to find some success in its first possession of the game, WSU's defense was able to get off the field quickly the next time it came out onto the field. Washington went with a steady dose of Bishop Sankey, but WSU got great push on a 3rd-and-1, stuffing Sankey for a 1-yard loss and forcing a punt.
The Huskies took over with good field position after another lackluster punt from the Cougs.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54