It continues to be a defensive battle in Seattle and Washington State and Washington remained tied 3-3 in the 2013 Apple Cup.
WSU appeared to have a big first down near midfield, but right tackle John Fullington was flagged for holding, negating the play and setting WSU up with a 3rd-and-20. Connor Halliday was sacked on the ensuing play, giving the ball back to Washington.
Keith Price hit a big pass on the first play of the drive, but ran into trouble two plays later. Price attempted to hit Austin Seferian-Jenkins deep down the sideline, but WSU corner Nolan Washington was there to intercept the pass, giving the ball back to WSU.
WSU is now winning the turnover battle 2-0, but the Cougars have struggled to get much going offensively to capitalize. Washington's defense continues to excel on first and second downs, something WSU will need to change and quickly.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54