Washington's offense went dormant in the first half, but the Huskies got rolling on their first possession of the second half. Keith Price capped the drive with a touchdown pass to Austin Seferian-Jenkins to tie the game 10-10.
WSU's defense started well on the drive, setting up a 3rd-and-5 from the Washington 20. The Huskies called a screen pass to Bishop Sankey who found some running room and was able to pick up 40 yards. Sankey picked up another 18 yards two plays later. The Huskies converted another third down with Price hitting Seferian-Jenkins for an 18-yard touchdown to tie the game.
Seferian-Jenkins took a huge hit on the play, but was able to come down with the catch. With the help of three big plays, the Huskies were able to pick up 85 yards in eight plays. The Huskies managed just 90 yards of offense during their final six possessions of the first half.
- Apple Cup 2013: Preview and game thread for 106th WSU vs. UW football battle
- Apple Cup 2013: Deone Bucannon anchors the defense
- Apple Cup 2013: Previews, game time, TV schedule, score, odds and more
- Apple Cup 2013: Baxter's beer of the game
- WSU vs. Purdue basketball final score: Cougs beat Purdue at Old Spice Classic, 69-54