Well, I guess the silver lining is that people won't be upset because this isn't realistic enough? The defending Rose Bowl champs went into Auburn's Jordan Hare Stadium confident but came out in a body bag. 63-3? Yikes. The good news is that ... never mind, there really is no good news here. The entire team was atrocious, and people will now be upset because losing to Auburn 63-3 isn't realistic enough. I digress.
Connor Halliday: 5/11, 84 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, L39
Austin Apodaca: 12/24, 62 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 3 sacks, L10
Jonathan Wallace: 19/28, 345 yards, 1 TD, 0 sacks, L56
Leon Brooks: 2 carries, 10 yards
Apodaca: 9 carries, 4 yards
Tre Mason: 23 carries, 161 yards, 3 TDs
Cameron Artis-Payne: 19 carries, 84 yards, 2 TDs
Cole Madison: 5 catches, 25 yards
Dominique Williams: 3 catches, 21 yards
Teondray Caldwell: 3 catches, 13 yards
Gabe Marks: 2 catches, 33 yards
Bobby Ratliff: 2 catches, 10 yards
Vince Mayle: 1 catch, 39 yards
Brett Bartolone: 1 catch, 5 yards
Cyrus Coen: 8 tackles, 3 solo, 2 deflections
Darryl Monroe: 6 tackles, 2 solo, 2 TFL
Andrew Furney: 1/1, 27 yard FG
Michael Bowlin: 2 kickoffs, 1 touchback; 9 punts, 398 yards (44.2 avg), 353 net (39.2 avg), 5 inside the 20, L58
- Time of Possession: Auburn 39:52, WSU 20:07
- Auburn only punted twice, both times in the 4th quarter
- When I originally simmed the game, I was in my personal dynasty. I won 27-7, and I was excited but disappointed because people would think it wasn't realistic again. I realized my error, went into the CougCenter dynasty, and laughed for about 10 minutes. 63-3? That's hilarious. I think what made me laugh the most is that I could see this happening.
- Their backup QB had more yards rushing (16) than we did as a team (14).
- In case you wanted to keep track of these things, the three sacks given up by the Cougs were credited to Eduardo Middleton, Rico Forbes, and John Fullington.
That's all for this week, but we'll be back on Friday. Hopefully, we'll have a much better result against USC (but I doubt it). Until then, happy gaming, and Go Cougs.