Redshirt freshman Cole Madison is poised to see playing time this season on WSU's offensive line. Here's some stuff to know about him.
Name - Cole Madison
Position - Offensive Line
Year - Redshirt Freshman
Height/weight - 6'5", 300 pounds
Hometown - Burien, WA
Things to know
1. In-state player - Madison attended Kennedy High School in Burien, WA where he was listed by Rivals as a 2-star tight end. WSU does not play with a tight end in its offense so many suspected that Madison would eventually be groomed for the offensive line when he arrived in Pullman. His other two offers were from Northern Colorado and Idaho.
2. Good all-around athlete - In addition to tight end, Madison played defensive line and basketball in the winters at Kennedy.
3. Persuaded to change - Madison attended a football camp at WSU in 2012. On his way home from the camp he received a call from Eric Russell offering him a scholarship. Madison actually spent the first few days with the team catching passes at last year's fall camp before he was told his best future with the team was on the offensive line.
4. Redshirt - Madison's was redshirted his first season in 2013 as he put on weight and learned his new position.
5. 2014? Everything suggests that in the short amount of time Madison has seen on the offensive line he has been impressive. One year after catching passes his first couple of days in Lewiston, Madison is now listed as WSU's No. 1 right tackle, a spot that he held entering spring camp. It seems that the coaches are pretty locked in on him starting this season at right tackle.