The WSU Athletic Hall of Fame is going to grow in a big way this season with WSU announcing a 25-person induction class. A year after only inducting Steve Gleason into the hall of fame last year, WSU will welcome a large class this year which includes Marcus Trufant and Jerome Harrison.
The class is football heavy nine of the 25 members being former WSU football players. Trufant and Harrison will be joined by Lamont Thompson, Pat Beach, Steve Broussard, Wayne Foster, Allan Kennedy, Keith Millard and Geoff Reece. With both Harrison and Broussard heading in, two of the best running backs in WSU history will join the hall of fame. Former secondary teammates Trufant and Thompson will also go in at the same time.
In addition to football, five other sports will welcome hall of famers. Seven former track and field athletes will be inducted while Scott Hatteberg is among four baseball players being inducted. Here is a look at the full list of inductees:
- Pat Beach, 1978-82, Football
- Larry Beck, 1955-57, Basketball
- Steve Broussard, 1986-89, Football
- Rex Davis, 1966-94, Tennis and Gymnastics
- Wayne Foster, 1963-65, Football
- Jerome Harrison, 2004-05, Football
- Scott Hatteberg, 1988-91, Baseball
- Allan Kennedy, 1976-80, Football
- Josh Kimeto, 1975-78, Track & Field
- Curt Ledford, 1936-39, Track & Field
- Erin McCleave, 2003-07, Swimming
- Keith Millard, 1980-83, Football
- Jay Miller, 2003-06, Baseball;
- Mary Moore, 1983-87, Track & Field
- Doug Nordquist, 1980-82, Track & Field
- Cassandra Overby, 1980-84, Basketball
- Erica Perkins-Jasper, 1997-02, Tennis
- Pam Qualls, 1985-88, Track & Field
- Geoff Reece, 1972-74, Football
- Rick Riley, 1967-71, Track & Field
- Richard Stiles, 1947-49, Baseball
- Lamont Thompson, 1997-01, Football
- Marcus Trufant, 1999-02, Football
- Bob Waits, 1969-71, Baseball
- Bob Yard, 1963-64, Track & Field
The induction ceremonies will be held on Sept. 18 and 19. WSU football will host Wyoming on the 19th.
WSU Announces 2015 Hall of Fame Induction Class - Washington State University Official Athletic Site
Washington State University will induct 25 members into the WSU Athletic Hall of Fame Sept. 18-19, 2015, in events held both in Spokane and Pullman.
Connor Halliday appears to be done with football - Spokesman.com - May 15, 2015
Connor Halliday has rehabbed since November to prepare himself for a professional football career, but gave up the sport on the eve of his first NFL practice.
Progress for Washington State defense under Alex Grinch, but work remains - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN
This much is simple enough: Washington State was not good defensively last season -- particularly against the pass.
Leow’s Extra-Inning Hit Lifts Cougars Past ASU - Washington State University Official Athletic Site
Wes Leow’s RBI single in the 10th inning scored P.J. Jones with the games long run as Washington State edged No. 12 Arizona State, 1-0, in extra innings Friday at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.
ASU Baseball: Sun Devil offense stymied in 1-0 defeat - House of Sparky
Thursday night, ASU lefty Ryan Kellogg dominated the Washington State Cougars to the tune of a complete game shutout, striking out 11 batters along the way.