That wasn’t pretty but it goes in the left hand column in the win-loss record. Most importantly for Washington State, the win over the Oregon St. Beavers made them bowl eligible in back to back seasons for the first time since 2002-2003.
The projections for the postseason are still all over the map since there’s still plenty of football left to be played everywhere. But the prognosticators of the college football bowl season are getting a little more consistent with where they believe WSU will be this postseason with everyone landing on a post-Christmas game.
Lets take a look at where everyone believes WSU will end up. First though, as we do every week, a reminder of the Pac-12 bowl tie-ins (times are Pacific).
- Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten (Pasadena, CA) Monday, Jan. 2, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
- Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12 (San Antonio, TX) Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016, 6:00 p.m.
- Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten (San Diego, CA) Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
- Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten (Santa Clara, CA) Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
- Sun Bowl vs. ACC (El Paso, TX) Friday, Dec. 30, 2016, 11:00 a.m.
- Las Vegas Bowl vs. MWC (Las Vegas, NV) Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016, 12:30 p.m.
- Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12 (Phoenix, AZ) Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2016, 7:15 p.m.
Note: Should the Washington Huskies make it into the College Football Playoff, the Rose Bowl is not obligated to take the Pac-12 South champion if someone in the North, say the Cougs, are better record wise.
SB Nation: Alamo Bowl
Same game, different opponent from our friends over at the mothership. The only difference between this week and last from Jason Kirk is WSU’s opponent, swapping TCU out for the Oklahoma St. Cowboys and Mike Gundy’s bodacious mullet.
Campus Insiders: Holiday Bowl
This would be the second appearance this century in the postseason for the Cougs at Qualcomm Stadium if Campus Insiders’ prediction holds true. They believe WSU would be facing off against the Northwestern Wildcats and Pat Fitzgerald, who once said: "Punt's a pretty good play for our offense right now." BIG TEN FOOTBALL, CATCH THE FEVER!
CBS: Foster Farms Bowl
Calling Jerry Palm consistent would be a bit of an understatement. Different week, same bowl and same opponent (the Indiana Hoosiers) for the Cougs.
College Football News: Rose Bowl
I’m a guy who likes his steak but not with glasses of whole milk like the coach of WSU’s projected opponent.
Sporting News: Alamo Bowl
/West Virginia Mountaineers
My liver will not be and probably can never be ready.
We’ll update this post with more projections as they are published.