New podcast! Here’s the show rundown. (Remember that if you’re just interested in Washington State Cougars talk, you can skip the first 17 minutes or so on this one.)
- Beer: Jeff finds an imperial saison from Crux Fermentation Project, while Craig picks out a selection from Mikkeller while using that as a good excuse to explain the whole bizarre Mikkeller/Evil Twin dynamic. (Read more about it here and here.)
- WSU: CJ Elleby is back. That is huge news and we are very excited!
- Pullman/Moscow: The Athletic wrote a nice story on Kyle Smith. But the writer made some claims about Moscow that we simply could not let slide:
Wazzu students traditionally have driven 15 miles across the Idaho border to Moscow to find a good time. Imagine that recruiting pitch: Come to Washington State, where you can hang out near the Idaho campus! Pullman is home to about 33,000 people, according to the U.S. census, with students accounting for most of that. The husband of the longtime basketball secretary is the town fire chief. The team’s PA announcer is also the mayor.
“For better or worse,” Pollard says, “there’s really not much to do in Pullman. It’s hard to build any hype here.”
Yeah ... we’ve got some thoughts on that!
- Too many bowl games? A writer thinks this year’s bowl schedule is bad. We think he’s dumb.
- Kids: It got a little sappy as we thought about the fun stuff we’ve gotten to do with our kids that we could only dream of doing with our parents when we were younger.
Fair warning: We use naughty words from time to time.
You’ll probably hate it. We don’t care.
(But if you *do* like it, please leave us a nice review on your favorite podcasting service.)
The new episode gets uploaded to our feed before this post comes out — in this case, it was uploaded Wednesday night shortly after we finished recording. So if you want to listen to our terrible little show as soon as it’s available, subscribe! The main options, of course, are:
And you can manually subscribe using our RSS feed.