OK, that was some awkward phrasing. But I'm referring, of course, to National Signing Day on Wednesday. That's the first day that the vast majority of football recruits can fax in their respective national letters of intent to accept scholarship offers from schools that have extended one.
(As far as we know, this is the only thing a fax machine is used for anymore.)
The Cougars are set to sign a class that will fill the maximum number of scholarships available, and while they currently sit at just 56th in 247Sports' team rankings, there are still a few prospects in the sights of Mike Leach and his staff that could send that ranking northward. We'll be here all week to take you through the ups and downs leading up to and through signing day.
Here's a sampling of what you'll get from us:
- The final editions of Britton Ransford's CougCenter Big Boards, which are the most comprehensive looks at the class that you'll find anywhere;
- Some scholarship accounting to try and get a feel for how that situation is going to play out with a class that looks extremely full;
- Not one, but two CougCenter Hour podcasts -- one before signing day, one after;
- Stories for every single recruit that faxes in a signed letter of intent, which will include highlights and scouting reports from our own Brian Anderson (and don't forget to sign up for our free text alerts so that you find out about each the moment it happens);
- The return of CougCenter's legendary all-day live chat;
- Up-to-the-minute breaking news with any unforeseen developments;
- A recap of all the twists and turns of Signing Day, including WSU's final ranking;
- And more.
Honestly, this is one of the most fun weeks of the year for us. We hope you'll visit early and often!