The WSU Cougars (5-5, 3-4 Pac-12) will take on the Utah Utes (4-6, 1-6) today at 12:30 p.m. in a game to be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks, and I don't know about anyone else, but it has felt like it's taken forever for this game to get here.
Anticipation will do that to you.
@ Washington St. Cougars
Saturday, Nov 23, 2013, 12:30 PM PST
TV: Pac-12 Networks
When the waiting is finally over and the Cougs and Utes take the field, the game is likely to come down to a pair of factors.
First, how does the WSU offensive line deal with Utah's pressure up front? The Utes feature one of the top pass rushes in the Pac-12, and we all have seen -- against Auburn, against USC, against Stanford, against Oregon -- what Connor Halliday is capable of when he's under duress. He seems to be improving on that front, but a relatively clean pocket today would do wonders for him.
Second, can WSU's defense be stout against the power run attack of Utah and force the game onto an inexperienced quarterback's arm? Adam Scholz is not Travis Wilson.
If the Cougars can do those two things, I like their chances to pick up their sixth win and get bowl eligible for the first time since 2006.
More from CougCenter:
Follow @CougCenter Follow @SBNationCFB
- WSU football recruiting: An updated list of recruits visiting
- WSU vs. Utah football: Baxter's beer of the game
- Utah vs. WSU football: An inside look at the Utes from Block U
- WSU vs. Utah football: Preview, score, TV schedule, game time, stream, odds and more
- WSU vs. Utah football: Game time, TV schedule, live radio stream, odds and more